Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Julie and I am a twenty-something year old living with several rare diseases, chronic illnesses, and an undying, unwavering love for Disney movies. I enjoy watching movies, rock climbing, traveling, music, and photography. I started this blog almost two years ago and write about my experiences with chronic illness, rare diseases, and life in general. For my full backstory click here but basically a genetic mutant with no really awesome superpowers. It’s a bummer.
- I can quote most of if not all classic Disney movies and several of my favorite movies (thanks echolalia) and do so quite frequently.
- I know seven languages (English, ASL, Spanish, Arabic, Swahili, Twi, Russian)
- I have at least 30 diagnoses, several of which are rare and several of which are systemic. I am a medical unicorn among medical zebras… I’m a zebracorn! Most of my disorders are invisible, please don’t tell me I “don’t look sick”.
- I love to be outside despite being allergic to everything in it.
- I always enjoy answering questions and meeting new friends!